Thursday, October 31, 2013

Love of an inanimate object...

A couple of weeks ago while volunteering at the Wellfleet OysterFest, I had a few minutes to walk around the festival and check out the various vendors. After collecting my free cup of coffee at Beanstock Coffee (consistently the BEST coffee I've ever had which was made better by giving free coffee to volunteers!) I wandered up a side alley and paused in front of a booth with large blob-like objects sitting there. I was pretty tired and not really engaged in what I was looking at but they were interesting enough for me to stand there (and not wander next door where the clam fritters smelled fantastic!). After a few minutes the fellow hawking the blobs (that sounds  gross...) said "Try one. Have a seat." 

The blobs turned out to be HUGE bean bags with stretchy covering so they can be used in a variety of ways. Wow! The one I zeroed in on was called the Yogibo Max and it's a rectangle that, when lying flat, stands about 24" tall. The cool thing is that depending on how you position it before you sit on it, you can use it as an arm chair, a recliner, a sofa, a bed etc. it was pretty cool!

Here's a picture from their website of the mid-sized one:


But I had to get back to my recycling station and couldn't wrap my very tired brain around if this was a good purchase or not. 

A few days later I was still thinking about it (I've been trying to find just the right comfy chair for my new office) and found that they were at another festival that weekend about a half hour away. I decided to go try them out again and see if I really liked them or if that was my exhaustion talking. 

I loved it! I allowed these hawkers (one turned out to be the CEO if the NH-based company) to show me a variety of ways to use it and I even got up-sold to add a U-shaped bean bag of the same materials to my purchase. 

A didn't really get it by my description but when he got home that night and I was nestled into my new nest with the fire going and my laptop settled perfectly on my lap, he got it. And we've spent the few spare minutes we've had when he's not doing schoolwork or at work finding multiple ways for the two of us to comfortably snuggle on it while watching the Red Sox win the World Series. (Yay Sox!) We love it! The only thing that isn't so great is that it's hard to get out of. You just have to commit to rolling onto the floor and getting up from there. So... Whoever is nestled in the Yogibo is often there to stay until nature calls urgently or it's bedtime. 

My U thingy arrived a few days later and was quickly incorporated into the comfy-ness! 

The beautiful thing is that it's really for my office but since it's portable and only weighs 18lbs, I can move it back and forth to the living room easily!

Now I just need to keep the dogs from thinking it's an over-sized dog bed...

1 comment:

K. Dempsey said...

Whoa. This looks AWESOME. Going to the website momentarily...