Saturday, October 5, 2013

In my underpants...

Sometimes I do my best work in my underpants. (Don't let your mind go there!) 

For some weird reason, when I've got work to do, I will often take off my pants to get it done. 

For example... Last week I suddenly became motivated at 10pm to clean out and reorganize my shoes in my closet. A was doing homework and I said I was going upstairs to get into bed.  However... When I got up there, after getting half undressed I pulled the box of shoes out from under my bed and decided that 10pm was a fine time to swap out summer for fall/winter shoes and reconfigure how they are stored in my closet. 

It wasn't until I heard A coming up the stairs that I realized that I was shoulders deep into my step-in closet in a t-shirt, granny panty underpants, stripedy socks pulled halfway up to my knees, and a pair of Dansko clogs (that I'm happy that I can finally wear again now that I've lost weight, don't have back problems, and my hip is healed). Quite a vision, I'm sure.

So tonight I finally got around to putting a coat of paint on the book shelf that will become the base of my new desk... And rather than go dig out some appropriate painting clothes, I dropped my pants, grabbed a cruddy t-shirt and jumped into the project. Yes... I now have chocolate brown paint on the skin of my left hip and the tip of two of my toes... A couple of careless turns and this is what happens. 

A also has a habit of dropping trow when he's settling in to do his homework or melting into the couch for some solid TV time. 

So... If you are ever planning on stopping by our house unannounced, you may want to think again.

Pictures later once the desk project is complete... No pictures of me in my skivvies are available though!

No comments: