Saturday, February 7, 2015

How to lose my business...

Step one: Don't show up to do a job until seven weeks after you've been contracted. 

Step two: Charge nearly double to remove the leaves from our property than you did the last three years with no reasonable explanation for the sudden price hike. I mean... Our property didn't get any bigger since last year. We didn't grow more trees since last year. We aren't taking in leaves from neighbors. What gives?!?!

Step three: Send a snotty email to a four year customer with excellent payment history about how "patient" you've been in waiting for my payment (less than three weeks since the service was performed). Before hitting send on that one, you might have checked with your administrative assistant who had called me a few days before to ask about it and when I told her the exact date and check number as well as the exact location that I mailed it from in another state, she said "No problem. I'll call you next week if we still haven't received it." You could take some customer service tips from that gal! Maybe you should let her send the emails from here on out. 

Step four: When my husband arrives at your office the day after a blizzard that has paralyzed the entire region just to bring you a new check because you've been so "patient" and you suddenly say "Oh, I got the other one in the mail today" you might want to apologize for the snotty email and thank him for taking the time and making the effort to bring a new check. 

And that is how you piss off two pretty patient people and lose their business. 

No comments: