Sunday, September 21, 2014

Reality TV...

Today I got totally sucked in to a new TV show. I'm ashamed to say that it was during a family reunion... But at least I was visiting with people while it was on. It's called American Ninja Competition... or something like that. It is a team event where four members on three teams have to make it through several rounds of these incredibly impossible looking obstacle courses... I got completely sucked into the competitive nature and sheer athletic ability of all of the competitors (one who happens to be from the next town down from my hometown). 

So... on the way home, A and I got talking about reality TV and I said that I would like to shoot a documentary/reality TV show about working for a month or so at various jobs that interest me just to see if it's something I'd like to do and to spotlight the inside view of real jobs. Obviously we can't pick something like being a surgeon  because you can't really acquire the skills necessary for some level of success in only a month but we can assist in careers that require higher levels of training and education. For fun, A and I listed off what we would each do.

Interestingly, we both started off with being cattle ranchers without even consulting each other. Apparently we are THAT compatible. Haha!

A's list also included:
Over the road truck driver
Tow truck driver
Work on a large research or salvage vessel
Rodeo announcer 
Bulldozer operator
Civilian on an aircraft carrier 
Farmer
Race car pit crew 

My list included:
Eco-tour guide in Costa Rica or the like
Teacher
Baker (bread etc - not so much pastry)
School counselor 
Photographer
Veterinary assistant to Dr Pol (we love that show and he reminds me of A's German uncle that I adored!)
Travel agent
Military (non-specific but NOT in a submarine)
Artist/creative profession

It was fun to see where we would wander if given the opportunity! If I won the lottery, I would go do this stuff on a volunteer basis just for fun!

I love our road trips. We rarely listen to the radio etc and it's really fun to see where our conversations go!


No comments: