Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Vacation... Continued

I'm told I need to learn to do Instagram... Maybe I'll figure that out this winter. For now, here are a few more vacation photos....

Today we stumbled upon Thuya Garden in Northeast Harbor, Maine. It's magnificent! You can access it two ways - one is to drive up to it. The other is to park in a lot at the edge of the main road and walk up some beautifully built granite staircases and a trail about ~1/3 of a mile. Since we've got dogs to exercise, we chose to walk. It was lovely with several places to stop and look out on the harbor through the fall foliage. There were several open-front lean-tos with benches so you could sit and enjoy the view at various places along the trail.


At the top of the trail is a visitor's center (apparently closed...) and the garden. I planned to just pop in for a quick look while A held the dogs (no dogs allowed) but with my camera, the peacefulness, and the beauty, I got swept away and probably spent a half hour in there. I could have stayed for at least twice that! Here are a few of the pictures I took in the garden...





After A had his turn (which took longer than I had anticipated because apparently he quite enjoyed it as well!), we headed back down the trail to meet up with an old college friend who works in Northeast. 

This was the view as we left the garden and headed back to the trailhead. 

I can't even remember how I learned about the garden this morning. Somehow I stumbled onto a website with information about it and it intrigued us. I am SO glad that we went! 



 


No comments: