Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Aspiration

It's weird to me that the word "aspiration" means more than one thing: Strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition OR the act of inhaling fluid or a foreign body into the bronchi and lungs, often after vomiting.

I actually cannot imagine trying to sort out the English language if it wasn't my native tongue. But I digress...

I aspire to be graceful, not rich. I aspire to be kind in all situations, not right. I aspire to be considerate, not dominant. I aspire to live simply, not judgmentally. I aspire to be helpful, not bossy. I aspire to live in love, not intolerance. I aspire to be a person that I would invite into my life, not someone to run from.

I aspire to be like my mom who, among all of the things listed above, is also currently accepting a new hip into her body like she gets new joints every day! Good job, Mom! Welcome home!

2 comments:

K. Dempsey said...

You are so sweet. It is posts like these that really make me miss you. I have no idea when we will be up in eastern MA next, but I hope it is soon, and I hope we can at the very least, sit down and have lunch together.

Polly G. said...

Thank you! I hope to see you soon!!!