Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Getting started...

Last year I started my foray into blogging by committing to trying 50 new experiences on Cape Cod and blogging about each one. It was part New Year's resolution, part effort to connect with my new-ish community, part effort to jumpstart my writing brain. Life got incredibly busy with two jobs and being a partner in a small business and although I did manage to knock off the 50 new experiences, I got a little behind on putting it all down in writing. I will. I must. Part of me gets really twisted up when I leave things undone so leaving it incomplete would not work for me.

That writing effort was a good start but I found that I often wanted to write about other things but because they didn't fit into my blog's mission statement, I redirected those efforts elsewhere.

Recently two different friends sent me invitations to read their blogs. Coincidentally, both are women that I used to work with, they know each other, but I'm not sure they realized that they started blogging in a similar fashion at about the same time. Both inspired me to blog with a wide open format and allow my mind to wander and share what catches my eye, my ears, my heart.

So here goes!

1 comment:

K. Dempsey said...

I am so happy to finally have time to read this. Congratulations! I am really looking forward to it. xo